Monday, November 1, 2010

Ranger jacket in the Woods



















Brown duck cloth jacket with hookless fastener (a.k.a. zipper), vintage WWII army blanket lining.

Built from a late 1940's early 1950's jacket pattern. I changed a few things: added patch pockets on the chest, ignored the lining instructions and associated pattern pieces, made up the collar (missing from the pattern), kind of made the waist band too big and had to put button tabs on it... A good beginning I think. This one's going to a friend in Philadelphia.










































































2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love this jacket. A great vintage design that looks totally modern too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have photographs of a certain Philadelphia gentleman wearing this jacket. Email me...jess.mammarella@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete