Friday, June 17, 2011

New Fabric

I got some new fabric in yesterday. For the past few months I've purposefully not bought any fabric so that I can "whittle down" my current stash. Well, I found some stuff that I couldn't resist. So for any of you nerdy enough to get into fabric details here it is.







The black fabric is a selvedge canvas made in North Carolina by Cone Mills. I only ordered enough for one project, so I'm already having a hard time deciding what to do with it. My original intent was/is to use if for another version of the 1940's-1950's style zip-front work jacket that I've made before, but some Carhartt-style riveted work pants would be something interesting to work on too. Or I could make a work vest for myself.

The indigo fabric is a linen/cotton heavy-weight chambray. It's from Turkey, and I usually only buy stuff that's made in the U.S., but it's a really great looking fabric. The weft is dark indigo and the warp is a warm gray-ish gold. Probably make a Navy/Mariner style overshirt with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment