Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mechanized Shirt Making, test 1

Made a quick (and rough) work shirt today using four of my new machines. It's a good start, but I've still got some techniques to learn with these industrial machines. Also need to get the Reece buttonholer to work properly. It was functioning this morning, but then stopped making buttonholes after the pockets were done.







You can see where the edge came out of the feller in these two images. I choose a fabric that was too slick to easily stay in the lap seam feller attachment, not to mention my need for more practice.




I got the button sewer working the other day. Haven't hooked it up to a motor yet, but it seems to be working fairly well just turning by hand. At the moment it's only set up for two hole buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment