Monday, December 2, 2013


Still workin' on the tent/sculpture contract.  About halfway done now.
Thanks everyone for your patience, I'll get back to sewing clothing again in February or March.

Sunday, November 3, 2013


Back from the wedding down in FLA, and up into some magical mountain frost.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

New Machines

Picked up three machines at auction a few weeks ago.  I'll take some more pics once I have time to set them all up; probably late January.

Recent Finds

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Sunday Walk

Paw-paw tree!  Only got two fruits before someone picked the tree clean, but they were two 
mighty good fruits.

Amanita sp.?

Natural walnut dyed henley!

Friday, October 11, 2013

Recent Finds

Weekend Project

Katie's been experimenting with some natural dyes lately, and there was a nice dark brown walnut dye bath simmering on the stove this weekend.  I put this surplus wool/cotton henley in the vat to see what would happen.  Not bad, but I think we can get it darker with a little more experimentation.

Friday, October 4, 2013

Machineworker Apron

Made this one for myself; designed for both sewing and repairing machines.

Cone Mills blue-line selvedge denim, and Japanese orange-line selvedge denim.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Secret Pants

Quick sample for a buddy's forthcoming denim brand.

Now back to the big tent project.


Happy (belated) Autumnal Equinox.

In celebration of the change of season we picked some apples over the weekend.  They are now on their way to becoming hard cider.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Lined Work Vest, prototype 2

This one's a little closer to what I'll make for my brothers wedding.  The rest will have a black twill lining instead of off-white.  Really hope I have enough of this vintage English wool herringbone for next seven vests.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Lined Work Vest, prototype

Here's a few snapshots of a rough work in progress.

Once the design is finalized I'll be making eight vests for the groomsmen in my brothers wedding.  Will be using some vintage dark charcoal herringbone fabric I have, instead of the Harris tweed in the prototype, also different buttons, different finishing techniques, etc.

Along with the big tent project I've started I'm going to be very busy over the next month, so no custom orders until I get these done.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Field Parka, prototype

While straightening some things out with the "Big Project" I unexpectedly had some time to work on a few fun projects.  Playtime's about to end, but I'm glad I got the chance to make this piece for my special lady friend.

I'll have to adjust few things if I put it into "production", but overall I'm pretty happy with the design.  And as luck would have it, it also fits me...

Will post some fit pictures tomorrow

Ingredients: 1950's USMC shelter half (a.k.a tent), vegetable ivory buttons.