Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Field Parka, prototype

While straightening some things out with the "Big Project" I unexpectedly had some time to work on a few fun projects.  Playtime's about to end, but I'm glad I got the chance to make this piece for my special lady friend.

I'll have to adjust few things if I put it into "production", but overall I'm pretty happy with the design.  And as luck would have it, it also fits me...

Will post some fit pictures tomorrow

Ingredients: 1950's USMC shelter half (a.k.a tent), vegetable ivory buttons.






5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Nate, I'm pretty stoked about how this piece came out. Lookin' forward to making some blanket lined versions when I get the time.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Russell! I adore this! I recognized it as your work on Katie as soon as she walked up to the group for this past Saturday's forest class. It's just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ashley, thanks so much, I do appreciate it. Have to say I'm pretty proud of it myself. See you in the woods!

    ReplyDelete